In his closing remarks at BOOSTMENA, BECO CEO, Dany Farha, shared his takeaways from the day, and his bold and optimistic predictions for 2017 and beyond:
- 50 million digital consumers is the tipping point to build billion dollar companies in an economic block
- Innovation will come from everywhere
- Hyper local matters
- We have to have a long-term view
- You get out what you put in. We are still at the beginning of the journey. Pioneer exits are coming
- MENA will be a hotbed of tech entrepreneurship and innovation
- Where is our Ratan Tata?
- MENA will have tens of tech titans
- We will have mega exits starting in 2019 of >$500m
- We will export a pioneering innovation to the world
- SWFs will start to invest in our VC asset class
- The old guard will lead tech M&A
- Western buyers will buy a MENA company, not just for growth and a new geo footprint, but for team and IP
Do you agree? Disagree? Got your own predictions to share? Tweet us @becocapital and share your thoughts with us!